MANILA, Sept 23 (Mabuhay) — The target of PinasLakas campaign for booster vaccination coverage has been adjusted, from 50 percent down to 30 percent, for the first 100 days of the Marcos administration.

In a Viber message on Thursday, Department of Health officer-in-charge Maria Rosario Vergeire noted that the campaign’s target remains at 50 percent by year end.

“Due to the pace at which our booster vaccination is going, we have adjusted our target only for the first 100 days (Oct. 8) to 30 percent,” she said. “Even so, this does not mean we will be lax in our efforts and settle for just reaching 30 percent.”

Some regions such as the National Capital Region have achieved the target of 50 percent booster vaccination coverage.

As of Sept. 18, the PinasLakas campaign has cumulatively vaccinated 31,939 senior citizens out of the 1.07 million target.

About 2,708,323 individuals out of the 23 million target have received their first booster dose.

To date, there are 19,283 PinasLakas sites all over the country.

“We are doubling down on our campaign to reach and even surpass our target of 30 percent by October 8 and 50 percent by the end of the year — this is why we are working with our different government agencies to target specific sectors and encourage people to get vaccinated by providing incentives,” Vergeire said.

She also urged the public to help the government reach its vaccination coverage target by receiving their primary series of Covid-19 jabs and booster doses.

So far, almost 72.9 million have been fully vaccinated as of September 18.

Almost 18.9 million have received their first booster dose while 2.7 million got their second booster shot. (MNS)