PH Covid-19 cases rise to 265,888; recoveries now 207,504

Tuesday, September 15th, 2020. Filed under: News

MANILA, Sept 15 (Mabuhay) — The Department of Health (DOH) on Monday reported 4,699 new coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) infections, raising the country’s overall tally to 265,888 with only 53,754 active cases.

Of the active cases, it said that about 88.4 percent are mild, 8.2 percent are asymptomatic, 2.1 percent severe, and 2.2 percent are critical.

The majority of the newly announced cases were from the National Capital Region (NCR) with 1,498, Cavite with 221, Bataan with 198, Bulacan with 185, and Batangas with 176 cases.

It also logged 249 new recoveries and 259 deaths, bringing the total number of recoveries to 207,504 and the number of deaths to 4,630.

Of the 259 deaths, 28 or 11 percent occurred in September, 110 (42 percent) in August, 97 (37 percent) in July, 22 (8 percent) in June, and one in May.

The DOH said 154 of the new recorded deaths were from the NCR, 55 from Central Visayas, 28 from Calabarzon, four from Eastern Visayas, three from the Bicol Region, two from Central Luzon, two from Zamboanga Peninsula, two from Northern Mindanao, two from BARMM, and one each from Western Visayas, CAR, and CARAGA regions.

Three other deaths logged were from unknown region.

“There were 27 duplicates that were removed from the total case count and of these, 16 recovered cases have been removed. Moreover, there were 297 cases that were previously reported as recovered but after final validation, they were 253 deaths and 44 active cases,” the DOH said.

As of Sunday, the 93 licensed reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) laboratories and 29 licensed GeneXpert laboratories have conducted a total of 2,921,142 tests nationwide.

The DOH said it has a 21,500 total bed capacity dedicated to Covid-19 patients.

Occupied are about 50 percent of 1,900 intensive care unit beds; 44 percent of 13,700 isolation beds; and 48 percent of 5,900 ward beds.

About 27 percent of 2,200 ventilators are in use.

Meanwhile, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Monday reported 133 more Filipinos abroad contracting the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), pushing the total tally to 10,314.

ALSO READ: Palace appeals to public: Give ‘staycations’ amid COVID-19 crisis a chance

Related posts

DILG chief to meet with Metro mayors on fate of GCQFDA yet to receive any application for phase 3 trial of COVID-19 vaccineIloilo placed under MECQ from Sept. 25-Oct. 9NCR is flattening COVID-19 curve –UP expertAreas with zero COVID-19 transmission should be classified under new normal — RoquePH Covid-19 case count up by 3,475; recoveries now over 230KPH Covid-19 cases rise by 3,311; recoveries now 229,865Palace appeals to public: Give ‘staycations’ amid COVID-19 crisis a chancePalace appeals to public: Give ‘staycations’ amid COVID-19 crisis a chancePhilippines logs 3,372 more COVID-19 cases; total at 261,21618,065 new Covid-19 recoveries bring total to over 273KPH Covid-19 recoveries climb to 254,223; active cases now 54,294PH Covid-19 recoveries now 253K, active cases rise to 52,702MGCQ status for Metro Manila in November not impossible — PalaceCovid-19 cases drop due to ‘One Hospital, Oplan Kalinga’Easing NCR GCQ may lead to COVID-19 surge around Christmas, experts sayPalace says worst of Covid-19 is overPhilippines’ COVID-19 cases top 245,000 with 3,176 new infectionsPhilippines allows use of antigen test to detect COVID-19Travel agencies, tour operators now allowed in GCQ areas