MANILA, Oct 10 (Mabuhay) — Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Benjamin Abalos Jr. on Monday bared that he tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).
This is based on the result of his reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test which came out at 9:12 p.m. Sunday, ahead of his supposed attendance at a meeting in Malacañang Palace on Monday.
“I am currently at home in isolation and working remotely while strictly following recommended protocols, including health and safety procedures. I am grateful to have been fully vaccinated with booster. I am asymptomatic and feeling well as of the moment,” Abalos said in a statement.
Abalos, meanwhile, ordered the Philippine National Police (PNP) to conduct contact tracing measures to notify his direct contacts for possible exposure.
On Sunday, Abalos together with PNP chief Gen. Rodolfo Azurin Jr. and Manila Mayor Honey Lacuna faced the media in a press conference at Camp Crame, Quezon City where they presented the details on the confiscation of PHP6.7 billion worth of shabu and the arrest of several suspects, including a cop.
Earlier in the day, Abalos also checked the detention facility inside Camp Crame, Quezon City where three persons under police custody who tried to escape were killed, with one of them taking former senator Leila de Lima as a hostage.
Abalos also visited De Lima following the incident.
“I am also humbly appealing to everyone who I came across over the past two days to monitor yourselves for Covid-19 symptoms and promptly get tested and isolate away from others once symptoms develop,” Abalos said. (MNS)