This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 172110831_134758735284252_6763351492802261620_n-1-600x401.jpg
Duterte backs local Covid-19 vax production

MANILA, Apr 23 (Mabuhay) — National Task Force (NTF) Against Covid-19 Chief Implementer Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. made it clear during the Palace press briefing on Thursday that the government allows the private sector to pool in resources “at the cost” of the companies “for added volume of the Covid-19 vaccine.”

“It is clear in the national vaccination program that there should no resale and there should be no commercialization terms under emergency use authorization,” he said. “It is very specific in contracts under the tripartite agreement that there will be no diversion. There will be no resale.”

Private companies must observe the equitable distribution of vaccines and avoid “privilege access” as much as possible, he added.

“Just in case the dependents will be included, it would be given at cost,” he said.

Covid-19 vaccines with emergency use authorization are limited for consumption only during the pandemic and should not be for commercial use.

Galvez said private companies proven engaged in diversion or reselling Covid-19 vaccines will face criminal charges under “breach of contract.”

Private companies which have signed tripartite agreements with the government have so far “preserved their integrity,” he noted. (MNS)

READ NEXT: 9,227 new COVID-19 cases push Philippines’ total to 962,307