Covid-19 cases exceed 50K; recoveries now 12.5K

Sunday, July 12th, 2020. Filed under: News Philippine News

MANILA, July 9 (Mabuhay) — The Department of Health (DOH) on Wednesday reported 2,539 additional coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) infections, raising the total to 50,359.

In its case bulletin, the DOH said 617 of the additional cases are “late” or results belatedly reported that were only verified recently, while 1,922 are “fresh cases” or results released to the patients within the past three days.

Of the fresh cases, 883 are from the National Capital Region (NCR), 369 are from Region 7 (Central Visayas), while 670 are from other regions.

Meanwhile, 183 of the late cases are from the NCR, 74 are from Region 7 (Central Visayas), and 360 are from other regions.

The DOH also reported 202 new recoveries and five new deaths.

To date, the total number of recoveries nationwide is 12,588, while the death toll is 1,134.

“Of the five reported deaths, two or 40 percent occurred in July. A total of 53 duplicates were removed from total case count. The total cases reported may be subject to change as these numbers undergo constant cleaning and validation,” the DOH said.

It added that only 67 out of the 74 laboratories nationwide reported for Wednesday’s case update.

So far, the DOH said there are 36,457 Covid-19 active cases nationwide.

As of Tuesday, the DOH has 14,500 total bed capacity dedicated to patients with Covid-19.

Occupied are about 47.22 percent of 3,509 ward beds; 42.88 percent of 9,685 isolation beds; and 43.26 percent of 1,306 intensive care unit beds.

There are 1,989 total ventilators for Covid-19 patients with about 25.04 percent in use.

In the facilities of Local Isolation and General Treatment Areas for Covid-19 cases (Ligtas Covid) across the country, some 51,885 beds are dedicated to Covid-19 patients.

Meanwhile, some 3,193 beds are dedicated to Covid-19 patients in Mega Ligtas Covid facilities.

Meaanwhile, 19 more Filipinos abroad have recovered from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), bringing the total to 5,237, the Department of Foreign Affairs said Wednesday.

ALSO READ: Pneumonia vaccine indirectly strengthens body vs COVID-19, says expert

Related posts

Doctor urges 2-week NCR ECQ as ‘breather’ for exhausted frontlinersDOH supports call of medical groups for proper quarantine enforcementMetro Manila should be placed under ECQ anew, Sotto and Lacson agreePhilippines logs 3,954 new COVID-19 cases, 38k recoveriesDuterte places Cebu City, keeps NCR under GCQPhilippines’ COVID-19 tally tops 85,000 with 1,874 new casesMetro Manila returning to MECQ not a ‘foregone conclusion’ –PalaceFight vs. Covid-19 still ‘successful’ — Palace1,392 new cases bring Philippines’ COVID-19 tally to 58,850Duterte ‘unlikely’ to call for special session of Congress to pass Bayanihan 2 — PalaceDuque claims Philippines has flattened COVID-19 curve then takes it backDOH fails to report daily tally of COVID-19 cases on Sunday, cites ‘significant volume of data’Philippine COVID-19 tally tops 44,000 with record-high 2,434 new casesDuterte retains GCQ for NCR; Iligan under MECQDuterte should acknowledge shortcomings in COVID-19 efforts in SONA 2020 — IBONDuterte to undergo COVID-19 swab test on Sunday — Nograles2,200 new cases push Philippines’ COVID-19 tally to 74,390Ex-DOH chief says gov’t should be open to criticism over pandemicNCR still under GCQ; Cebu City eases to MECQPalace says PH winning fight vs. Covid-19, disputes WHO report