3.7K new Covid-19 cases, new recoveries at 1,088 — DOH

Saturday, September 5th, 2020. Filed under: News Philippine News

MANILA, Sept 5 (Mabuhay) — The Department of Health (DOH) on Friday reported 3,714 new cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), bringing the country’s total active cases at 67,786.

In its daily Covid-19 bulletin, the DOH said the National Capital Region (NCR) reported the highest number of new cases at 1,797; followed by Negros Occidental at 390; Batangas at 248; Laguna at 247; and Cavite with 150.

Of the active cases, it said the majority, or 90.7 percent, exhibit mild symptoms; followed by those with no symptoms or asymptomatic at 6.9 percent, those in critical condition at 1.4 percent, and those with severe symptoms at 0.9 percent.

The new cases bring the country’s total Covid-19 cases at 232,072 since the pandemic began.

The DOH also reported some 1,088 new recoveries, bringing the country’s total to 160,549; while 49 new deaths were reported, bringing the country’s total casualties caused by Covid-19 at 3,737.

So far, it said less than half of the country’s total beds reserved for Covid-19 cases are occupied, while only 28 percent of the country’s 2,200 total ventilators are in use.

Of the country’s 1,800 beds at intensive care units (ICU), it said 49 percent are occupied, 13,900 isolation beds are 43 percent occupied, and 49 percent of 5,600 ward beds are in use.

In NCR, the utilization rate of beds for Covid-19 cases remains critical at about 60 percent, while utilization of the region’s 888 total ventilators at 42 percent.

Of the region’s 696 ICU beds, 64 percent are occupied, 4,100 isolation beds are 60 percent occupied, and its 1,900 ward beds are 66 percent occupied.

In Region 7 or Central Visayas, only about a quarter of its total beds are occupied, while 181 ventilators are 29 percent in use.

Of its 153 total ICU beds, 29 percent are in use, 1,200 isolation beds are 32 percent occupied, and 393 ward beds are 24 percent occupied.

Meanwhile,  another increase in the number of overseas Filipinos who have recovered from the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) were logged by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Friday, with 55 new recoveries in the Asia Pacific and Europe.

This brings the total number of recoveries abroad to 6,275 – a total of 852 were reported from the Asia Pacific, 804 in Europe, 4,164 in the Middle East/Africa, and 455 in the Americas.

No new fatalities were reported while 18 new cases were registered in the Asia Pacific and Europe, bringing the overall case count to 10,113.

The active cases, meanwhile, stood at 3,081 – at least 312 were undergoing treatment in the Asia Pacific, 269 in Europe, 2,335 in the Middle East/Africa, and 165 in the Americas.

The two previously confirmed cases in the Asia Pacific were removed from the latest figures upon verification by post, the DFA said. (MNS)

ALSO READ: 1,987 new Covid-19 cases, recoveries now over 159K

Related posts

Christmas parties prohibited in Metro Manila, Philippines’ GCQ areasMetro Manila allows 18 to 65-year-olds to go out amid COVID-19 threatTravel agencies, tour operators now allowed in GCQ areasGov’t allows resumption of non-essential outbound travel of Filipinos18,065 new Covid-19 recoveries bring total to over 273KPH Covid-19 recoveries climb to 254,223; active cases now 54,294PH Covid-19 recoveries now 253K, active cases rise to 52,702MGCQ status for Metro Manila in November not impossible — PalaceBoracay reopening allows work resumption for tourism sectorCovid-19 cases drop due to ‘One Hospital, Oplan Kalinga’Easing NCR GCQ may lead to COVID-19 surge around Christmas, experts sayDILG chief to meet with Metro mayors on fate of GCQFDA yet to receive any application for phase 3 trial of COVID-19 vaccineIloilo placed under MECQ from Sept. 25-Oct. 9NCR is flattening COVID-19 curve –UP expertAreas with zero COVID-19 transmission should be classified under new normal — RoquePH Covid-19 case count up by 3,475; recoveries now over 230KPH Covid-19 cases rise by 3,311; recoveries now 229,865Palace says worst of Covid-19 is overPalace appeals to public: Give ‘staycations’ amid COVID-19 crisis a chance